New update about Trump Mar-a-Lago raid : Four dozen empty folders marked ‘CLASSIFIED’ found

Four dozen empty folders marked ‘CLASSIFIED’ found in Trump Mar-a-Lago raid, DOJ reveals

FBI agents found four dozen empty document folders marked “CLASSIFIED” during their raid last month on former President Donald Trump’s residence at his Mar-a-Lago club, a recently unsealed court filing revealed.

According to the Justice Department’s inventory of confiscated items filed with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, agents found 43 of those empty folders, marked as classified, in Trump’s office.

The remaining five empty folders with this sign were found in containers in a storage room in.

The FBI also found 42 other empty folders marked “Return to Staff Secretary/Miliary Aide” during the Aug. 8 raid that was authorized to search for government documents seized at the White House when Trump was his Left office January 2021, according to the file.

Twenty-eight of those empty folders were found in Trump’s office,

while another 14 were in another storage room, the document shows.

And FBI agents found more than 10,000 government documents and photos with no classification mark as the filing shows. These included hundreds of photos and news articles, along with gifts, clothing and books.

The explosive revelations raise the possibility that the DOJ has yet to recover the documents that would have been in the empty folders.

The DOJ is investigating possible crimes related to the removal of these and other government documents from the White House when Trump left. Office January 2021.

By law, such records must be turned over to the National Archives and Records Administration. On Tuesday, in another court filing, the DOJ said more than 100 classified documents were found at Mar-a-Lago.

This property receipt shows that the government has seized 11 sets of classified documents and an executive clemency petition relating to Roger Stone, a longtime Republican activist and Trump confidante.

The previously disclosed property inventory of items seized lists multiple U.S.

government documents with “confidential,” “secret” and “top secret” classification markings.

The detailed inventory made public Friday was one of two court filings related to the FBI raid that were ordered unsealed by Judge Aileen Cannon after she conducted a hearing Thursday on a request by Trump’s lawyers to appoint a third-party to review the seized records.

The other document unsealed Friday is titled, “Notice of Investigative Team of Status of Review,” and notes that the criminal probe did not end with the raid.
It was signed by Miami U.S. Attorney Juan Gonzalez, and Jay Bratt, the chief of the counterintelligence and export control section of the national security division of the Justice Department.

“Seized material will continue to be used to advance the government’s investigation, and the investigative team will continue to use and evaluate the confiscated material while undertaking additional investigative steps such as additional interviews and grand jury trials,” the report reads says warning.

“It is important to note that the ‘verification’ of seized material is not a single investigative step, but an ongoing process in this active criminal investigation,” the document reads.

Trump’s spokesman again criticized the raid in a series of tweets about the inventory of confiscated items.

“The new ‘detailed’ inventory list only further proves that this unprecedented and unnecessary raid on President Trump’s home was not a surgical and limited search and recovery, as the Biden administration claims, was a SMASH AND GRAB,” he wrote Taylor Budowich.

“These document disputes must be resolved under the Presidential Records Act,

which requires [National Archives and Records Administration] NARA cooperation and negotiation, not an FBI crackdown,” Budowich added.

Trump, in a lawsuit filed in late August, asked Cannon to appoint an independent handler, known as a special master, to review items seized in the search before the Justice Department can use the documents further in the investigation.

Trump’s attorneys have said a special master could consider barring some documents from use in the investigation because they are protected by attorney-client privilege or executive branch privilege.

The DOJ has opposed the appointment of a special master, saying it would delay the investigation and Trump does not have the documents.

Cannon said Thursday that he would rule on the special master’s application “in a reasonable time” during a Florida court hearing into the dispute.

Cannon, a Trump appointee, previously shared his “tentative intention” to grant the special teachers’ request. The judge indicated at Thursday’s hearing that she was still considering the appointment, the media reported.

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.