Table of Contents
What Is IPC Section 503
IPC Section 503: According to the section 503-“Whoever threatens another with any injury to his person, reputation or property, or to the person or reputation of any one in whom that person is interested, with intent to cause alarm to that person, or to cause that person to do any act which he is not legally bound to do, or to omit to do any act which that person is legally entitled to do, as the means of avoiding the execution of such threat, commits criminal intimidation”.
Explanation Of IPC Section 503
A threat to injure the reputation of any deceased person, in whom the person threatened is interested, is within this section. Illustration A, for the purpose of inducing B to desist from prosecuting a civil suit, threatens to burn B’s house. A is guilty of criminal intimidation.Sending threatening messages by e-mail.
Also read :- Section 65, Tampering with computer source Documents
Punishment Of IPC Section 503
Whoever commits the offense of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both.
If the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offense punishable with death or imprisonment for life, of with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.
Cases Of IPC Section 503
- Rajesh Aggarwal vs Mahender Sharma & Anr. 1 on 18 December, 2015.
- State vs . Bhopal Singh Etc. on 4 July, 2008.
- State vs . Monu @ Bandar on 21 December, 2015.
- Chetan Prakash Sharma vs State/Govt. Of Nct Of Delhi on 11 December, 2012.
- Pratima Devi vs . Bishambar Lal & Ors. on 19 January, 2012.
- Fir No. 718/2015 State vs . Abbas & Ors. on 26 August, 2020.
- Cc No. 53742/2016 Sanjay Kumar vs . Ashtami Rai And Anr. on 24 August, 2020.
- Fir No.343/2014 Ps : Hauz Qazi … vs . Pulkit on 24 September, 2019.
- Sonwati vs Naresh Kumar on 15 October, 2016.
- Fir No. 511/2013 Ps : New Ashok … vs . Shyam Singh on 6 March, 2020.
Source: Cases Of IPC Section 503.