Table of Contents
- 1 About Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- 1.1 Who Is The Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- 1.2 CISSP Exam
- 1.3 Jobs For Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- 1.3.1 1. Chief Information Security Officer
- 1.3.2 2. Chief Information Officer
- 1.3.3 3. Security Systems Engineer
- 1.3.4 Average Salary Of Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
About Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an information security certification. It developed by the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, also known as (ISC). The CISSP designation is a globally recognized, vendor-neutral standard attesting to an IT security professional’s technical skills and hands-on experience implementing and managing a security program.
Who Is The Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- IT professionals have the CISSP certification.
- A organization look for a candidate who have pass the exam of CISSP.
- Who have the batter knowledge of the cybersecurity.
- For becoming the CISSP certified you have to pass Certified Information Systems Security Professional certification exam.
- You must have the experience of the full time five years and at least knowledge of two cybersecurity domains.
The CISSP exam timing is 6 hours. It consists 250 multiple choice questions and advance innovating questions for testing the knowledge of candidate. CISSP exams held in English, French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, simplified Chinese, Korean and many more. The exam cost of CISSP is $699 and exam cancel fee is $100.
You must have the knowledge of eight types of cybersecurity domains that are :-
- Risk Management.
- Asset Security.
- Security Engineering.
- Communications and Network Security.
- Identity and Access Management.
- Security Assessment and Testing.
- Security Operations.
- Software Development Security.
Jobs For Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
1. Chief Information Security Officer
The chief information security officer is responsible for the information and data security of the organization. In companies that employ such an executive, they play an important role: the same study found that companies without a CISO or CSO were more likely to say their employee security training was inadequate and their security strategy was insufficiently proactive than those who had such officers. The main responsibilities for the chief information security officer are :-
They analysis the present time problems and secure when something went wrong.
Cyber Risk And Cyber Intelligence
They help in developing the problems security and helping the organization or board to understand the security threats. They help from big businesses moves.
Data Loss And Fraud Prevention
A CISO is always take care of the stealing and misuse data from the internal staff.
They control that the IT and network infrastructure is designed by the best security. They plan and buy the hardware and software.
Identity And Access Management
Ensuring that only authorized people have access to restricted data and systems
Making sure all of the above initiatives run smoothly and get the funding they need—and that corporate leadership understands their importance.
2. Chief Information Officer
The chief information officer is responsible for management, implementation, and usability of information and computer technologies of the organization. A CIO analyzes which technology is beneficial for the company and how can it improve the running business. Creating a website that is useful for the company to increasing it’s members is also work of CIO. The main responsibilities for the Chief Information Officer are :-
- Develop Strategies For Our IT Department
- Implement New Strategies
- Always Work To Optimize Existing Strategies
- Set IT Department’s KPIs
- Hire New Key Roles For Your Department
- Review And Approve Department Purchases
- Set Department Budgets
- Plan And Oversee Your Department’s Projects
3. Security Systems Engineer
System Security Engineers are responsible for preventing and mitigating security breaches that may arise within company’s computer systems. They are experts in various fields such as information security, network security, and mobile security. The main responsibilities for the System Security Engineers are :-
- Regularly Perform Security Checks And Troubleshooting
- Identify Problems
- Suggest And Implement Solutions For Improvement
- Track Existing Processes And Offer Solutions For Improvement
- Implement New Processes With The Goal To Optimize Company’s Security System
- Attend Related Conferences And Educational Events To Stay Competent
- Work With The Development Team
- Perform Regular Audits And Provide Reports
Average Salary Of Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
India $27,292 United State $1,09,458 United kingdom $80,377 Canada $76,000 Australia $97,572 Singapore $77,375 United Arab Emirates $82561
Thanks for reading i hope you like this information.