Table of Contents
- 1 All About Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- 1.1 also read :- All about CEH- Certified Ethical hacker : Jobs and Salary of CEH certificate Holder.
All About Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification indicates expertise in information security governance, program development and management, incident management and risk management. To qualify for the exam, applicants must have five years of verified experience in the infosec field, with a minimum of three years of infosec management experience in three or more of the CISM content areas.
Experience must be gained within a 10-year period preceding the application date or within five years from the date of passing the exam. The course is an ideal preparatory course for the students seeking to gain CISM certification as well as the IT security and information security professionals looking to build on their practical experience.
Who Can Do This Course
- Experienced information security managers and officers
- IT consultants and managers
- IT auditors
- Security policy makers of IT
- Privacy officers
- Network administrators
- Network security engineers
- Candidates seeking CISM certification
Jobs After Certified Information Security Manager Course (CISM)
1. Information/Privacy Risk Consultant
The main role of the Information/Privacy Risk Consultant is focused on process and policies. There are many points of failure within any information security system, and it is the job of an Information and Privacy Risk Consultant to identify and mitigate these risks.
The CISM teaches fundamental risk assessment skills that are invaluable to an Information and Privacy Risk Consultant. Documentation and policy adherence makes up a large part of what this job title requires, and the CISM teaches candidates how to stay in control of these systems.
The role of Information Risk Consultant is-
- Information Security
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Analysis and Threat Assessment
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Organizational Privacy Reviews
2. Information Security Manager
The Information Security Manager is seen as the key person responsible for the safe keeping of IT infrastructure within the company or enterprise. They are responsible for ensuring that all systems are kept safe and secure, and that data and security policies are kept up to date and are implemented to the highest standards of compliance.
Security threats such as virus attacks, data breaches by hackers and cyber-criminal activities such as phishing and electronic fraud must be protected against.
The role of Information Security Manager is-
- Assessing Security Measure
- Developing and Implementing IT Security Policies
- Monitoring Systems
- Analyzing Reports
- Managing Information Security Specialists
3.Information System Security Officer
As the ISSO in an organization, your job is multi functional in many respects. ISSOs act as the primary contact between departments in issues that relate to system security.
ISSOs are in constant communication with the Information System Owner, the Business Process Owner, the Chief Information Security Officer, and Information Security Manager. On all technical and logistical challenges that involve the security of the organization’s information.
Main role of Information security Manager is-
- Security in-charge of system containing Information.
- Deal with all logistical challenges.
- Organize the information of client’s and company.
- Information of complete business and it’s clients info security in-charge
Salary After Certified Information Security Manager Course
The average salary for a CISM certified professional ranges from $52,402 to $243,610. In starting level salary is low but if you will work hard then your promotion increase your salary.
i hope You like this information if anything is missed comment below to tell us we will update that as soon as possible Share will be appriciated