Table of Contents
- 1 About Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- 1.1 Ethical hacker
- 1.2 How To Become A Certified Ethical Hacker
- 1.3 Jobs For Certified Ethical Hackers
About Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
A Ethical Hacker is a person who is professional to understand and know how to find weakness and bugs in target system. He use that bugs as a malicious viruses and by using that bugs he access the target system. In other way Ethical hacker is a legal hacker or security expert. Ethical hacker has good knowledge of cyber field and coding. They also known as penetration tasters or pen testers. Hackers are able to fraud organization, bypass Security and networks without any authorization. But a Ethical hacker is not use their skills for commit fraud, theft and any dishonest act because he always enjoy challenges. Ethical hacking is the hacking of computers and networks by legal permissions.
How To Become A Certified Ethical Hacker
- Firstly you have a Bachelor’s degree (BSc, BTech, BE, BCA) in Information Technology or computer Science to become an ethical hacker.
- You must have knowledge of networking, communication, web and computer system.
- Understand the current security knowledge of popular operating systems like Linux, Windows and Mac OS.
- Make the best security firewalls for the system against malicious activities.
- Should have the knowledge of identify and crack many types of passwords and fight against password attacks
- Understand the terminology, stages, classes, phases and methodologies of ethical hacking.
- We should know how to erase the digital evidence in network and system.
- Understand the cryptography and encryption technique.
- We should obey the code of ethics of hacking.
- We must know the normal cyber attacks like social engineering, phishing, identify theft, trojans, insider attacks etc.
Jobs For Certified Ethical Hackers
1. Cyber Security Analyst
A cyber security analyst is responsible for protecting the company’s network and system for cyber attacks. They are also responsible for security controls. They must have degree in information security or any other related field. The main responsibilities of cyber security analyst are :-
They install, manage, and update software on all the systems and networks in an organization or company.
They monitor networks to stay informed of activities taking place within them, identify negative activity in incoming code and respond to them accordingly.
Develop Security Plans
They providing suggestions and best data security practices for employees and end users.
They compile ongoing safety reports, document security issues and measures taken to resolve them.
Research upcoming trends in information technology and security, stay updated on potential threats and attacks, and come up with preventive strategies.
2. Penetration Tester
Penetration tasters do help in resolving the security weakness in the computer system and network of the organizations. They do work in teams, junior members taking responsibilities and report to their seniors. They use the tools on the website or systems for checking the security of the organization. Pen tester use their mostly time on testing sites. The main responsibility of penetration tasters are :-
Plan and Design Penetration Tests
Penetration testers must develop experiments and simulations that evaluate the effectiveness of specific, existing security measures.
Carry Out Tests and Other Simulations
After planning and designing assessments, penetration testing teams carry out investigations.
Creating Reports and Recommendations
Penetration testing teams make creating reports and recommend them to organizations.
Advise Management on Security Improvements
Mostly the junior rank managers directly contact with the senior managers for the weakness and resolve them.
Work with Other Employees to Improve Organizational Cybersecurity
The pen testers do work with the other cyber security experts to improve our organization security.
3. Security Engineer
Security Engineers develop and maintain the data and security system. They make the high level firewall for the organizations to defend them from cyber attacks. When business and data storage fastly move to cloud the organizations security engineers also increase the security of system. In other way they keep the organizations data safe from violations and leaks. The main responsibilities for a security engineers are :-
Develop Security Protocols
The security engineers working with the team of cyber experts to develop the best security protocols fir the need of the company.
Test System Weakness
The cyber security engineers daily test the companies firewall and encryption methods.
Implement And Upgrade Security Measures
The security engineers implement new things and upgrade in the companies hardware and software for the better experience.
Maintain Security System
Sometimes the security systems need maintenance to secure from breaking down and this is the responsibility of security engineer.
4. Information Security Manager
Information security manager are the brain of the organization. The main role of ISM is to manage the IT and information security department’s team. They have strong communication skills to attract someone and also have a goof nature. Last important role is that the information security manager is direct the most important actions of their department like absence of the chief investing officer. The main responsibilities for the information security managers are :-
They provide information security awareness training to the organization employers.
They create and manage the security strategies.
Manage the security team members and all other information security managers.
Provide training to information security employers while their starting periods.
Evaluate the budget and cost of technology department.
Upgrades Or Improvement
They should understand the current situations or weakness in the system and upgrade them or improve them.
How Much Does An Ethical Hacker Make
Based On Years’ Experience
- Entry-level (0 to 5 years) $50,000 – $100,000
- Junior (5 to 10 years) $100,000 – $120,000
- Senior (10 years+) $120,000
Based On Location
- California $103,459
- Washington, D.C. $97,081
- Maryland $93,768
- New York $92,606
- Virginia $92,056
Based On Job Title
- Cyber Security Analyst $48,083 – $118,990
- Penetration Tester $50,845 – $127,713
- Security Engineer $56,016 – $132,537
- Information Security Manager $73,249 – $153,163
- Information Security Analyst $48,521 – $107,004
- Forensics Computer Analyst $42,685 – $118,615
- Network Security Analyst $41,361 – $106,829