Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Bug Bounty Program
- 1.0.1 The First Bug Bounty Program
- 1.0.2 Why Many Companies Held Bug Bounty Programs
- 1.0.3 Why Cyber Security Experts Participate In Bug Bounty Programs
- 1.0.4 Disadvantages Of Bug Bounty Programs
- 1.0.5 Best Bug Bounty Websites
What Is Bug Bounty Program
A Bug Bounty Program is a program where many websites, organizations and software developers by which individuals can receive recognition and compensation for reporting bugs. These programs allows the developers to discover and resolve the bugs before normal public will explore that. There are many organization who give the bug bounty programs. Mozilla, Facebook, Apple, Reddit, Yahoo!, Google they give bug bounty programs.
The First Bug Bounty Program
The first bug bounty program was held by Hunter and Ready in 1983 for their Versatile Real-Time Executive operating system. If anyone who found bug in their operating system will get a Volkswagen Beetle as a gift.
Why Many Companies Held Bug Bounty Programs
Many of companies have issue in their code and they want to solve that issue. For solving that issue they held a bug bounty programs for hackers and other coders. Companies resolve their issue in codes by them and pay for it. If they do not held bug bounty program then many of other competitive companies can steal their data and other information. Competitive companies used that data for own use and try to destroy the goodwill of that company. So mostly companies have bug bounty programs.
Why Cyber Security Experts Participate In Bug Bounty Programs
- If anyone find bugs in any organization then they will pay you for it.
- In many conditions the bug bounty hunters get jobs in that organizations in which they found bounty.
- It is a chance to show your skills against the government companies and prove ability.
Disadvantages Of Bug Bounty Programs
- In many cases the bounty hunters are not sacrifice for the amount that given by companies.
- They leak the data of the company to companies competitor who pay more.
- Sometime bounty hunter use the bugs for their own use.
Best Bug Bounty Websites
1. Burp Suite
The Burp Suite, from UK-based alcohol-themed software company PortSwigger Web Securit. It is an application security and testing solution website.
HackerOne is a hacker-powered security platform. It helping organizations to find and fix critical vulnerabilities. The service is used for vulnerability location, pen testing, bug bounty, and vulnerability.
San Francisco-based Bugcrowd offers a bug bounty platform which is use for vulnerability management.
Synack in Redwood City, California offers the Synack Crowdsourced Security Testing Platform.
5. Praetorian Diana
Austin-based cybersecurity company Praetorian is a bug bounty and application security testing platform.
6. Topcoder, a Wipro Company
Topcoder is an online crowdsourcing community. It provides talent on-demand, including data scientists, testers, crowdsourced testing, etc.
Founded in 2013, YesWeHack is a Global Bug Bounty & VDP Platform. It approach to cybersecurity includes Bug Bounty.
8. Open Bug Bounty
Open Bug Bounty is an open, disintermediated, cost-free, and community-driven Bug Bounty platform.
SafeHats promises to help security conscious Enterprises, Financial Institutions and Governments.
Intigriti is an ethical hacking and bug bounty platform oprating primarily in the European Union. It allowing users to carry out research and conduct security evaluations.
I hope you like this information don't forget to share if this is informative for you.