All about Windows and it’s old story.
Windows is an operating system, a product of Microsoft Corporation. USA. It is a graphical user interface (GUI) which has been designed to make your work more interactive and easy.
There is no more need of remembering the exact system of commands to get your work done, like in MS DOS. Everything is provided in the form of pictures and graphics. So, the program files and other resources are generally accessed with the help of a special input device called Mouse.
Windows makes it possible to complete all types of everyday tasks on your computer. For example, you can use Windows to browse the Internet, check your email, edit digital photos, listen to music, play games, and do much more.
- The first version of windows ( version 1.0) was released in November 1985.
- 1987 version 2.0 was released
- 1990, version 3.0 was released
- July 1993, windows NT was released
- June 98 Windows 98 was released
- February 2000, Windows 2000
- October 2001, Windows XP. was released
There have been many versions of Windows since then, but the most recent ones include Windows 10 (released in 2015), Windows 8 (2012), Windows 7 (2009) and Windows Vista (2007).
FEATURES OF WINDOWS
- It provides a graphical operating environment. All the programs and resources are provided in the form of icons.
2. It is a full-fledged operating system with an in-built copy of DOS. Le DOS programs are also can be run safely run on windows.
3. It is a multi-tasking operating system, which means that more than one application can be made to run simultaneously.
4. It support long file names up to 255 characters thus breaking the DOS naming convention where you can give primary file name up to 8 characters.
5. The plug and play feature of windows automatically adapts itself to the hardware it is running on. It can detect hardware and then install the proper drives all without taking any help from you.
6. It contains several in – built application programs and system tools as its accessories. These accessories of windows can be used to fulfill the user applications.
History of windows is really very nice. Everyone want’s to know the history of windows and a operating system they were using from years.
ALSO READ :- TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM
ALSO READ :- HOW TO BUILD A PC