The full form of BCA is Bachelors in Computer Application.
BCA is a three year undergraduate degree program for candidates wishing to develop into the world of Computer languages.
One of the most popular options to get started with a career in Information Technology, the course gives you an insight into the world of computers and its applications.
A BCA degree is considered to be at par with a BTech/BE degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. The degree helps interested students in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Applications.
Table of Contents
BCA: Course Highlights
Tabulated data below represents some major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||10+2 from a recognized university|
|Admission Process||Counselling after qualification of entrance examination|
|Top recruiting organizations||IT & Software Companies|
|Top recruiting areas||Software Development, Testing, Digital Markting, etc.|
|Average Course Fee||Rs 70,000 – 2 Lakh|
|Average Starting Salary||Rs 2 Lakh – 8 Lakh|
BCA Admission Process
BCA Admission Process both merit-based and entrance-based admissions. The eligibility criteria for BCA admission is 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with computer application/science as an additional or core subject.
BCA Eligibility Criteria
The basic BCA eligibility criteria for the BCA admission process is mentioned below:
- The student must have an aggregate of 50% or above in Class 12 in any stream (Arts, Science, Commerce) with English and Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Some colleges grant admission to students who have completed class 12 without Maths and English as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum age that is considered to join the BCA course is 18 years, but this is not compulsory in all colleges. There is no upper age limit for BCA Admission.
BCA Admission 2021
- BCA Admission 2021 is based on entrance exams conducted at national as well as state levels.
- Universities such as GGSIPU conducts its own entrance exam to enroll students to BCA course.
- The registrations for BCA Admissions 2021 usually starts around the month of March 2021, but some of the colleges start their registrations early.
- Students enrolling in BCA Admission 2021 will have to secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in their 10+2, post which a valid cut-off score in BCA entrance exams will make you eligible to secure admissions in Top BCA colleges.
- BCA Entrance exams for which you might have to sit are IPU-CET, SET, and others.
BCA Merit-Based Admissions
You can apply to BCA colleges providing admission in this course, through both online and offline mode.
Follow the below-mentioned steps that you need to follow while applying for the BCA course:
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Admission office of the Institute for the BCA admission application forms.
- Fill the application form as directed and upload the required documents in the prescribed dimensions.
- After the processing of applications, the final selection is done after rounds of GD and PI (if any).